Sunday, January 02, 2005

I was playing some late-night Christmas poker on PokerStars, and snagged my very first 1st-place finish in a 300+ player tourney. 316 players, to be exact. It was a satellite into a game where the first 4 places won a trip to the Bahamas. Needless to say, since I'm sitting here blogging instead of basking in the sun, I didn't place in the satellite, but it was exciting anyway. I don't think I did anything special to win the qualifier - I caught some really good cards and happened to have people all in against me when I caught them. I played a solid game, with only one notable mistake where I lost half my chip stack from 4th chip position, and got lucky to recover. (Not ironically I'm sure, I saw the player that took those chips from me at the final table later in the game).

I posted about the tourney in my other blog. Here are the stats:

307 hands played and saw flop:
- 39 times out of 59 while in small blind (66%)
- 39 times out of 59 while in big blind (66%)
- 32 times out of 189 in other positions (16%)
- a total of 110 times out of 307 (35%)

Pots won at showdown - 22 out of 30 (73%)
Pots won without showdown - 49

What I particularly liked was my showdown win percentage. 73% is quite nice for me. Wish I could say that for all of my tourneys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment