Thursday, January 06, 2005

Hmmm... I'm reading Pauly's Tao of Poker while waiting for a baby multi-table tourney to start. He tells this tidbit of a story:

"I have to give Iggy credit to improving that aspect of my limit game after a late night conversation in Vegas at the Sherwood Forrest bar. It was a simple statement that I've ready plenty of times before in books and online, but hearing it from his mouth while I was standing in Vegas seemed to make a bigger impact.

Play your draws hard," the Blogfather told me.
Last night they all paid off."

I'm going to have to think about that line one of these days. I certainly don't play mine hard enough, and probably more often than not play them passively, checking and calling, or folding.

*scribbles on her list of things to ponder*


1 Comment:

  1. Pauly said...
    Wow... thanks for the quote!

Post a Comment