Sunday, January 30, 2005

Thanks,Otis!

Thanks to Otis for the near play-by-play action from the EPT Scandinavian Open. Ever since yesterday's photo blog, I've been rooting for online phenom Noah "Exclusive" Boeken - partly because of his "online phenom" status (as described by Otis), and partly because he's the cutest of the bunch. I'd have rooted for Isabelle Mercier (I just love how she checks her hole cards!), but she was already out. And Gus - well I'm still rooting for Gus.

After having read two of the play-by-play style blogs that Otis has done for the tourney at Atlantis, and this one, I must say - despite my early skepticism, you really can get sucked into the excitement of a poker tournament simply by reading and viewing snapshots of the action. I liken it to listening to sports on the radio. If you're already familiar with the game, you can "see" in your head what the action looks like. I found myself constantly checking for updates on Otis' EPT blog all weekend.

Good stuff! And Noah took it down. Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment